“It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near one”
Certain types of property maintenance are ongoing while other maintenance needs only appear once in a while. You can add such ongoing issues to your package. This way you will ensure that we deal with them on a regular basis, thus protecting your investment and preserving the value of your home.
Maintenance Services Which Could be Added to Your Package:
- Maintenance of the outdoor areas such as sweeping the paving, cleaning the pool, etc.
- Removal of trash, garden refuse and other debris.
- Interior home cleaning such as washing windows and floors, dusting, cleaning bathrooms and toilets and such.
- Garden services and landscaping to keep your property neat, appealing and free of rodents and dangerous snakes. This will save you the hassle of having to clean up your garden during your holiday visit. A garden which clearly wasn’t attended to for a long time is equal to a big advert that nobody is at home.
- Lawn mowing
- Exterior cleaning
Recommended Preventative Property Maintenance Services
Property inspections are of little use if steps are not taken to resolve the problems identified during such inspection. Through preventative maintenance major problems and high costs to repair or replace can be avoided.
At your request your property manager will do repairs, or arrange that repairs are done as needed to keep your property in good condition. For work of which the estimated cost is above R5 000 your manager will obtain comparable as well as independent quotes.
We have access to a network of licensed and fully insured contractors from the Stilbaai community. These contractors are completely compliant to municipal codes as well as offer competitive pricing. Be assured that only skilled local craftsmen and tradesmen will perform the maintenance projects at your home. This way Peace of Mind adds to job creation in Still Bay.
Possible property Maintenance and Repairs not Included in Your Package:
General maintenance jobs
Recommendations for general maintenance needed can be any of a vast number of things. We only mention a few possible examples of such jobs:
- Peeling paint on walls, fences, window frames, swimming pools, etc.
- Cracks in walls to be fixed and touched up with paint.
- Woodwork such as window frames, door frames and wooden decks needing to be oiled.
- Moss, lichen and mould on roofs, paving, plasterboard and fascias to be removed – a common problem in coastal towns like Stilbaai.
- Rain gutters in need of cleaning.
- Rust on metal surfaces in need of treatment also a common problem in coastal areas which can quickly get out of hand if left untreated.
General repair or replacement jobs
Some examples of general repairs that might come up during an inspection:
- Plaster repairs.
- Broken tiles/pavers replaced.
- Cracked or broken windows replaced.
- Broken or compromised locks replaced.
- Loose gutters and fascias to be repaired.
- Loose or damaged roof sheets, shingles and tiles repaired or replaced.
- Plumbing problems such as blockages, drainage, water leaks, broken toilets.
- Electrical problems such as light repairs, changing light bulbs, power tripping.
- Gate motors as well as garage door openers repaired or replaced.
- Geyser bursts and repair of damage as a result.
- Broken swimming pool pumps or fountains not functioning.
Garden work and yard maintenance not included in package
General garden and yard maintenance include all exterior areas. Possible maintenance needs you might encounter:
- Cutting grass and trimming the edges.
- Spraying weed on the lawn as well as on the paving. (chemical weed control)
- Removing moss and lichen from the paving – a problem in Still Bay as a result of the humidity, regular thick fog blanket and rain falling days on end.
- Weeding flowerbeds and removing dead flowers.
- Tree and hedge pruning.
- Clearing away rubbish, dead leaves, garden refuse, building rubble, etc.
- Cleaning the swimming pool.
- Watering the garden.
Special Projects Oversight /Ad Hoc Requests
You might be planning some bigger project to be done at your holiday property which you would like to be completed in your absence. Some examples of such projects might be:
- Building construction such as alterations, extensions, revamps of kitchens or bathrooms and so on.
- Tiling of floors and walls.
- Repainting the interior as well as exterior of the house.
- Painting the roof.
- Building a deck.
- Installations like blinds, burglar proofing, alarm system, security lights, garage door and gate motors.
- Securing the swimming pool with fencing and a safety net.
- Eradicating damaging or harmful pests such as rodents, ants, termites, cockroaches and even bees or wasps.
At Peace of Mind we only partner with quality local contractors and service providers. Business people who respect the values that we stand for as well as understand the needs of our customers. As a result, we can negotiate the best possible prices which are competitive and affordable.
You take care of yourself, while we take care of your property
Helping you look after your investment !